Assoc. Prof. Venelin M. Gerganov, MD, PhD - neurosurgeon
Diseases and Treatment
Neurosurgery is the part of medicine dealing with the surgical treatment of the disorders affecting the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves.
Enlisted here are the main groups of diseases, which I treat. My guiding concept is individualized treatment, adapted to the needs of the particular patient.
In case you need more detailed information, do not hesitate to contact me.
- Navigation-guided minimally invasive surgery
- Image-guided and controlled surgery (intraoperative MRI, Ultrasound, Fluorescence-guided surgery with 5-ALA)
- Brain mapping
- Microsurgery and endoscopy
- cavernomas, AVMs, aneurysmas
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Stabilization techniques
- hydrocephalus, cystic lesions and tumors
- trigeminal neuralgia, glossopharyngeal neuralgia, phantom pain (DREZ), etc.
- syringomyelia, neurofibromatosis, Arnold-Chiari malformation, etc.